Tuesday, October 12, 2010

8th Amendment Artwork

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."
- 8th Amendment of the Constitution

Bail is the amount of money, property, or bond that a defendant must pledge to the court as security for his or her appearance at trial. When bail is determined the extent of the crime, the weight of the evidence, and the accused ability's to pay a given amount are all things taken into account. In order to make a just bail these things need to be looked over. Excessive fines will not be put on anyone to, they follow the same system of bails. Lastly, torture will not be used as a means of punishment or any other cruel actions. This Amendment means a lot to me because I know that I will have to make a just amount of bail dependent on the crime I commit or even to know that I will not be tortured is good. 


Sell Art Online


The following artwork is from the artist Tony Zupancic, who has created other art for the Amendments which I have used in my blog. This piece has the phrase, "Amendment VIII Freedom from Unusual Punishment." Behind that phrase is an image of a man with his arms chained up. I enjoy this artwork because it is very simple (black and white), which helps to get the meaning and importance of the Amendment to the audience more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment